By Hartmut Führ
This quantity features a systematic dialogue of wavelet-type inversion formulae in accordance with staff representations, and their shut connection to the Plancherel formulation for in the neighborhood compact teams. the relationship is validated via the dialogue of a toy instance, after which hired for 2 reasons: Mathematically, it serves as a strong instrument, yielding life effects and standards for inversion formulae which generalize a number of the identified effects. additionally, the relationship presents the place to begin for a – quite self-contained – exposition of Plancherel conception. as a result, the publication is usually learn as a problem-driven advent to the Plancherel formula.
Read or Download Abstract Harmonic Analysis of Continuous Wavelet Transforms PDF
Best mathematical analysis books
This booklet originated from an introductory lecture direction on dynamical structures given via the writer for complex scholars in arithmetic and physics at ETH Zurich. the 1st half facilities round risky and chaotic phenomena as a result of the prevalence of homoclinic issues. The lifestyles of homoclinic issues complicates the orbit constitution significantly and offers upward thrust to invariant hyperbolic units close by.
- Analytic Functionals on the Sphere
- Introduction to Mathematical Analysis
- Wavelet Theory: An Elementary Approach with Applications
- A Course of Mathematical Analysis (Vol. 2)
- Essentials of Integration Theory for Analysis
- Acta Numerica 2002: Volume 11
Additional info for Abstract Harmonic Analysis of Continuous Wavelet Transforms
16) entails that Cπ is unbounded in the nonunimodular case, since the operator norm on B(Hπ ) is invariant under conjugation with unitaries. The operators Cπ are called Duﬂo-Moore operators. 8. The proof given here basically follows the argument in . 15) by polarization, and the latter was used to deﬁne Cπ . Let us also point out the crucial role of irreducibility, which particularly implies that the space of admissible vectors (up to normalization) is dense in Hπ . 26. Note that the Duﬂo-Moore operators Cπ studied here relate to −1/2 the formal dimension operators Kπ in  as Kπ = Cπ .
The group can be identiﬁed with the subgroup of the full aﬃne group of the plane generated the translations, the rotations and the dilations. It thus acts naturally on R2 , which gives rise to the quasi-regular representation π acting on L2 (R2 ) via (π(x, h, r)f )(y) = |r|−1 f (r−1 h−1 (y − x)) . An adaptation of the argument for the 1D CWT yields Vη f 2 2 where this time c2η = R2 = c2η f 2 , |f (ω)|2 dω . |ω|2 Therefore the admissibility condition reads η is admissible ⇐⇒ R2 |f (ω)|2 dω = 1 .
Now it is easy to construct two nonzero vectors ξ1 and ξ2 such that Φξ1 and Φξ2 have disjoint supports, both contained in supp(Φη ). To see this observe that Φη (2n ω) = Φη (ω) implies that supp(Φη ) ⊂ ∪n∈Z 2n A, where A = [1, 2[∩supp(Φη ). In particular, A has positive measure. Hence, if we pick B1 , B2 ⊂ A disjoint with positive measure, and let ξi = 1 Bi , we obtain two nonzero functions such that supp(Φξ1 ) and supp(Φξ2 ) are disjoint. 31) implies Vξ1 ξ2 = 0, in particular ξ1 is not cyclic for H.